This is Penn State Band

Campus Timeline

Campus Timeline

1934 
Penn State offers technical courses in McKeesport and Pittsburgh

1948 
A Victorian mansion in Dravosburg is the location for the McKeesport Center of Penn State; the mansion trained returning World War II veterans

1952 
Westinghouse Corporation purchases the mansion; the West Side School in McKeesport takes the place of the mansion

1953 
Associate degrees in technology are offered at the McKeesport Center

1955 
First graduating class of the Penn State McKeesport Center; area businessmen form the McKeesport Advisory Board and begin looking for a permanent location for the McKeesport Center; Milton F. Frable became the first Advisory Board President

1956 
Realtor William Buck donated a ten-acre parcel of land adjacent to the City of McKeesport’s 250-acre Renziehausen Park to Penn State

1957 
The first Penn State McKeesport classroom building, Main, opens; The Maintenance Building is also opened; an all-male student body exists

1959 
Crawford building is open; The Penn State Center at McKeesport offers the first two years of bachelor's degree programs

1967 
Frable building opens

1969 
Residence Hall and Food Services Building open; William Buck donates even more land due to continued growth

1971 
Kelly Library, Ostermayer Laboratory, and Wunderley Gymnasium all open

1999 
Penn State McKeesport launches the four-year Information Sciences and Technology degree

2001 
The Bachelor of Science in Business (BSB) is added as a new baccalaureate degree; the Buck Union Building (BUB) is demolished to make way for a new facility. Campus green named in honor of William L. Buck and the Buck family

2002 
Applied Psychology is announced as a new four-year degree at Penn State McKeesport

2003 
Communications becomes the fourth four-year bachelor's degree; the Student Community Center opens in the fall

2004 
Campus announces associate degree in Nanofabrication Manufacturing Technology and bachelor's degree in Organizational Leadership

2005 
Campus named an International Campus; Fitness Center opens; University reorganizes network of campuses to streamline administrative functions and improve efficiencies

2006 
Bachelor's degree in Letters, Arts, and Sciences added

2007 
Campus renamed Penn State Greater Allegheny to better reflect its expanded mission. A new minor in Civic and Community Engagement is added to the curriculum. Athletic teams are expanded. Residence Hall is filled to capacity