Penn State Greater Allegheny’s Bachelor of Science degree in Information Sciences & Technology (IST) is programmed for students who enjoy problem-solving and working with people. Students will develop an understanding of how programs are built, practical applications, and critical thinking.
What to Expect
With an option in Integration and Application, IST provides students with theoretical frameworks and skills in a technological world.
Students will take courses that focus on:
- Information, People and Technology
- Organization of Data
- Networking and Telecommunications
- Introduction to Application Development
Graduates in the IST program can find an array of career opportunities that include, but not limited to:
- Application programmers
- Associate systems designers
- Network managers
- Web designers and administrators
- Information systems support specialists