The Pathway to Success: Summer Start (PaSSS) program is a six-week program designed to help you make an easy transition to college life while also saving you money on college tuition! The Penn State Greater Allegheny experience is transformative and the PaSSS program is another fantastic opportunity to propel you towards your academic and career goals.
- Jumpstart your college career in a face-to-face or virtual setting.
- Take two courses and participate in specialized academies designed to help you acclimate to college.
- Become familiar with Penn State, faculty, and staff while learning about resources available on campus and university-wide.
- Engage with classmates and other Penn State students to develop a wide group of friends.
- Engage in co-curricular activities to build your resume early! Possible activities include research, working on campus, community volunteering, and more.
- Receive a maximum scholarship of $2,000 for 6 credit summer courses.
- Students who successfully complete the PaSSS Program have the opportunity to continue earning funding for future summer semesters to be used toward an on-campus job, research with a faculty member, an externship, internship or a service-learning project.
The option to participate in the Summer 2021 PaSSS Program is currently available. Submit the enrollment form to receive more information. Applicants must be first year students who have been offered admission to Penn State Greater Allegheny. Students must be willing to commit the appropriate time needed for classes, workshops and extracurricular activities prior to the beginning of the program.
Program Dates: Summer 2021
- May 31, 2021 - Deadline to enroll for PaSSS Program
- June 7, 2021 - New Student Orientation (mandatory)
- June 30 - August 11, 2021- PaSSS Program
- August 13, 2021 - Final Exams and Program Conclusion
Contact our Admissions team today regarding this great opportunity!