The Pathway to Success: Summer Start (PaSSS) program is a six-week program designed to help you make an easy transition to college life while also saving you money on college tuition! The Penn State Greater Allegheny experience is transformative and the PaSSS program is another fantastic opportunity to propel you towards your academic and career goals.
- Build your resume early by working an on-campus job during the fall semester
- Take two courses that will fulfill graduation requirements
- Participate in math and English learning academies to prepare you for the collegiate environment
- Become familiar with Penn State, faculty, and staff while learning about resources available on campus and university wide
- Meet classmates earlier and develop a new group of friends
- Receive a scholarship of $250 per credit for the summer courses
- Receive a $400 book, fee, and supply stipend
Aside from the amazing academic opportunities available at PaSSS, we have a schedule of fun student engagement activities including a guest speaker series featuring Coach James Franklin and more!
In order to be considered for participation in the PaSSS program, students must complete a simple enrollment form. Applicants must be first year students who have been offered admission to Penn State Greater Allegheny.
Qualified candidates will be contacted by the admissions office with a decision on PaSSS eligibility and next steps. Candidates who are offered a spot in the PaSSS program must then accept their offer of admission to Penn State Greater Allegheny in order to confirm their participation in the program.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Admissions at [email protected] or 412-675-9010.
Program Dates: Summer 2020
June 1 · Deadline to enroll for PaSSS Program
June 12 · New Student Orientation (mandatory)
July 1 - August 13 · PaSSS Program
August 14 · Final Exams and Program Conclusion
Contact our Admissions team today regarding this great opportunity!
412-675-9010 or [email protected]