Updated: 12:30 p.m. |June 11, 2020
Based on evolving federal guidance and statewide mitigation plans announced by Governor Wolf around the growing coronavirus pandemic and the global efforts underway to stop its spread, Penn State has extended the remote delivery period for all classes into the summer semester. This decision aligns with recommendations from the federal government that call for restricting of all gatherings of more than 10 people.
The university has a website with the most up to date information. Please visit sites.psu.edu/virusinfo for that information.
During the period of remote learning, the university and the campus are open and staff are available to serve students by email, phone, or video. Please visit our campus directory for department email and phone numbers.
The details below may help to answer Greater Allegheny specific questions you have. If you have a question that is not addressed below, please reach out to the appropriate department or email [email protected]. We will connect you to the person who can assist you.
- The continuity of class delivery is critical to the success of our students and you will continue to take your classes through CANVAS and/or Zoom. Please watch your Penn State email and your courses’ Canvas pages for messages from your faculty members.
- You will continue to interact with your faculty members as you did during the early part of the spring semester, you will just do it from a distance. If you have a question, email them, or participate in their virtual office hours.
- If you do not have access to the internet from your off-campus location, Comcast is offering two months of internet access for free for those who qualify. Please look into this if you do not have internet access at home. The web site address is: https://internetessentials.com. Please call 412-675-9048 if you need additional assistance.
- If you experience any difficulty using remote learning tools on your iPad, please reach out to our IT department at [email protected] or by phone at 412-675-9498.
- The IT email and phone line is staffed Monday through Friday from 8:00 am until 5:00. For additional IT service information, visit https://greaterallegheny.psu.edu/information-technology.
- For information about library services at Greater Allegheny, email the Kelly Library staff at [email protected]. For general questions and research help, feel free to use the Ask a Librarian chat service at https://libraries.psu.edu/ask.
- The Registrar's Office will be operating via a virtual office space, email and phone. For assistance, please email [email protected].
- The Advising and Career Services office will be operating virtual office hours beginning Monday, March 16.
- The Gruskin Learning Center will be available for their regular appointment times (9:00 am through 5:00 pm) via virtual tutoring hours.
- The Center For Academic Career Excellence (ACE) office will be operating virtually using Canvas, Zoom online meeting rooms and emails beginning Monday, March 16th.
- Counseling Services will continue to operate to meet the needs of Greater Allegheny students. For specific information, please email [email protected] or call 412-675-9475.
- The Campus Nurse will be available by Zoom. For specific details, please email [email protected] or call 412-675-9490.
- The Student Aid Office will continue to support students through email, phone, or virtual appointments. For specific information, please email [email protected] or call 412-675-9155.