Students needing assistance from the campus' Health Services should first call the office to speak with Health Services Coordinator Jennifer Ross or Dr. Monica Malinowski for a free phone consultation to receive guidance and needed care. You can reach this office between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. by emailing [email protected] or calling 412-675-9490.
Students who need health assistance after 5:00 p.m. and on weekends should contact the University's Advice Nurse line at 814-865-4847 option 3.
- Routine health services for minor illnesses and injuries
- Referral to campus physician, or to a family doctor for primary medical care for a serious injury or acute illnesses
- Referral and liaison services to outside health agencies
- Heath history forms/information as required for admission and registration to Penn State
- Health screenings
- Free literature, including informational brochures on various health issues
- Student Health insurance compliance
- Student immunization compliance
- Mental health counseling services
- Physical examinations for athletics
- Consultation for health concern
- Medical emergencies
- Self-care center
The staff of the Student Health Center assures that all health care providers adhere to the professional practice of patient confidentiality, privacy, dignity, and informed consent. Information in your medical record is released only when you provide written authorization. Copies of your medical records will then be mailed to other health care providers and institutions free of charge. For more information, please contact Health Services at 412-675-9490.
Health Promotion and Education
We promote health awareness, positive health behaviors, and disease prevention. One-on-one counseling is available to students seeking assistance with health concerns such as smoking, alcohol and other drug abuses, nutrition and weight management, human sexuality issues, and more. For more information, please contact Health Services at 412-675-9490.
Information on the current health insurance policy and requirements is available online through the Office of Student Affairs at studentaffairs.psu.edu/health-wellness/health-insurance.