Thank you in advance for your interest in hiring a Penn State Greater Allegheny current student or grad for your internship and/or full-time position. Our staff here at Career Services know that you understand the value of a Penn State Education and we are excited about the prospect of connecting you with your newest employee. Forming a partnership the Penn State Greater Allegheny Career Services will help you to connect with our students and meet your recruitment needs. We provide personalized services to simplify your campus relations program and the recruitment process.
For additional strategies to connect with and/or recruit Penn State students, please visit Employer Resources.
Online Job and Internship Postings
Nittany Lion Careers: Employers can register with the Nittany Lion Careers to post employment, internship, and/or co-op opportunities, and search for Penn State students and alumni online. This service is free to employers and features a searchable database of student resumes.
Posting positions specifically for PSUGA students:
If you would like to have your job announcement sent through our student and alumni listserves, please email your job description to [email protected] and include the following information:
- Name, phone number, and email of appropriate contact person
- Company Name, address, and phone number
- Title of position
- Position description, requirements, and location
- Application process and a deadline
- Internship opportunities - please include semester available, paid/unpaid, anticipated work schedule/flexible with classes
We work in tandem with our academic departments to meet the internship needs of students and employers. Internships can be full or part-time, paid or unpaid, and can be used for academic credit or as an unpaid method of exploration.
Internship openings can be posted on Nittany Lion Careers or through The Center for Career Education and Development at 412-675-9117. If emailing the position, please include your business or organization's name, the position title, a brief job description, the pay rate (if applicable), and the application process. We'll post the position on Nittany Lion Career Network and distribute it to the appropriate academic departments.
Getting Involved and Connecting with Our Students
Employers are a valuable and informative resource for our students. We offer several ways for your organization to get involved and connect with students. Please contact us to learn more about the following activities:
- Classroom Presentations: Faculty members welcome professionals into classrooms to talk about their experiences.
- Student Club Presentations: Visit an on-campus meeting of a student organization to discuss career-related topics.
- Panels and Workshops: Participate in speaker panels and workshops to educate students about your career field.
- Mock Interviews: Help students enhance their interviewing skills by participating in our Mock Interview Program.
- Job Shadowing: Help students gain valuable insight by hosting them at your place of employment.
- Mentoring: Offer a student your guidance and expertise about your career field.
Penn State Greater Allegheny offers a range of options for connecting with our students and recruiting qualified interns and full-time employees. Contact The Center for Career Education and Development at 412-675-9117 to make your on-campus recruiting arrangements.
Penn State in Western Pennsylvania
In addition to the Greater Allegheny campus, Penn State's Western Pennsylvania locations include: Penn State DuBois, Penn State Fayette, Penn State Beaver, Penn State New Kensington, Penn State Shenango, and Penn State Behrend (Erie).
- Western Pennsylvania Collegiate Job and Internship Fair: Penn State Beaver is a member of the Western Pennsylvania Career Services Association (WestPACS). WestPACS serves the southwestern Pennsylvania region, holding the regions largest jobs and internship fair twice yearly (every fall and spring semesters). For registration information, please visit WestPACS.org.
- Penn State University Park Career Days
Policies and Guidelines
Penn State Career Services maintains the following policies in congruence with National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Principles for Professional Conduct for Career Services and Employment Professionals.
Job Posting/Company Verification Disclaimer
Read the full disclaimer, which describes the shared responsibility among Penn State Career Services (including University Park and Commonwealth Campus career offices) and internship/job seekers in researching and identifying potential concerns about the legitimacy of employers and their respective postings.