On-Campus Office Hours:
Mondays: 10:10 a.m. - 12:00 noon
Wednesdays: 10:10 a.m. - 12:00 noon
or by appointment
I am an Associate Professor at Penn State Greater Allegheny and a graduate faculty at University Park. Before coming to Penn State, I was a Visiting Assistant Professor at Smith College and University of California, Riverside.
Teaching Interest: Mathematics
Area of Expertise: Mathematics
My primary research focuses on commutative algebra and its connection to algebraic geometry and combinatorics. More specifically, I work on defining questions of blow-up algebras as well as various invariants of varieties. Applications of my research include coding theory, geometry modeling, chemical reaction networks, optimization problems, and permutation statics.
1. Symbolic Powers and Free Resolutions of Generalized Star Configurations of Hypersurfaces, with Y.-H. Shen, to appear Michigan Mathematical Journal. https://arxiv.org/abs/1912.04448
2. On the Conjecture of Vasconcelos for Artinian Almost Complete Intersection Monomial Ideals, with Y.-H. Shen, Nagoya Mathematical Journal. https://arxiv.org/pdf/1902.03068.pdf.
3. Multi-Rees Algebras and Toric Dynamical Systems, with D. Cox and G. Sosa, Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, Vol. 147, No. 11 (2019) 4605-4616. http://www.ams.org/journals/.
4. Edge Ideals of Oriented Graphs, with T. Hà, S. Morey, E. Reyes, and R. Villarreal, International Journal of Algebra and Computation Vol. 29, No. 3 (2019) 535–559. https://arxiv.org/pdf/1805.04167.pdf.
5. Koszul Blow-up Algebras Associated to Three-dimensional Ferrers Diagrams, with Y.-H. Shen, Journal of Algebra, Vol. 514 (2018) 219-253. https://arxiv.org/pdf/1709.03251.pdf.
Purdue University, Ph.D.
Papers and Presentations
1. AMS-Special Section, University of Cincinnati, Apr. 2021
2. Department of Mathematical Colloquium, West Virginia University, Oct. 2020
3. Department of Mathematical Colloquium, University of Nebraska, Mar. 2020
4. Algebra Seminar, Iowa State University, Mar. 2020
5. Department of Mathematical Colloquium, University of Vermont, Feb. 2020