We are pleased to offer on-campus visits for students and their families. Our campus visits include a presentation by our Admissions Counselors, A guided tour of our 52-acre campus with a Lion Ambassador, and Penn State Berkey Creamery ice cream!
Our prospect visits are a great way to get to know Penn State Greater Allegheny for students who have not yet applied to Penn State. The presentation includes information about academics, student life, student aid, and athletics. We also provide an overview of the application process and leave time for a brief Q&A to answer your questions. Attendees are eligible to receive an application fee waiver.
Accepted student visits
Students who have been admitted to Penn State are invited to attend one of our Accepted Student Programs to get first-hand experience of life as a Penn Stater. These visits provide newly admitted students the chance to explore campus, talk with current students, and learn more about the next steps to becoming a Penn Stater.
One-on-one appointments and tours with an admissions counselor are also available Monday through Thursday upon request. Please call the Admissions Office at 412-675-9010 for information.
Penn State Greater Allegheny offers in-person admissions events throughout the year. These programs, such as open houses and application workshops, offer more opportunities to experience the campus. Our open houses include faculty interaction and student panels, while our application workshops provide one-on-one application reviews with an admissions counselor. For more information, view our Visit Experiences page.
- Register for an upcoming campus visit.
- If you’d like to arrange an appointment other than the scheduled days, please call the Admissions Office at 412-675-9010.
- Participants must agree to follow all safety protocols outlined in the visit requirements section on the registration page, and students under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Penn State Greater Allegheny is located at 4000 University Drive, McKeesport, PA 15132. We are located between White Oak Borough and the city of McKeesport, and just 15 miles from downtown Pittsburgh.
- When you arrive on campus: Please follow the signs to visitor parking and park in or near the visitor parking spaces. Parking is free and a permit is not required. Go to the lobby of the Frable Building to check-in. Please plan to arrive no sooner than 10 minutes before your scheduled visit.
- Canceling your visit: You may cancel or reschedule your visit online by clicking on the "Edit My Registration" button at the bottom of your confirmation email. If your event is within 24 hours, please call our office at 412-675-9010 to cancel or reschedule.
Attendance at any public event involves certain unavoidable risks such as exposure to or infection by transmissible diseases, viruses, and other illnesses (including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and its variants). Your presence at events or programs hosted by The Pennsylvania State University indicates your assumption of any and all such risk as well as your agreement to adhere to all University policies including, but not limited to, those intended to mitigate the spread of transmissible illnesses. As a member of our community or guest, it is your responsibility to practice basic health, safety, and sanitation measures. The University prohibits your attendance if you are symptomatic of any commonly spread transmissible illness.