This Independent Study Form must be completed before you can enroll in an independent study. Use this form to obtain approval for 294, 296, 494 and 496 independent study or research classes each semester. Please complete all portions of this form, following the directions below, to submit a course for approval to the Chancellor and Chief Academic Officer.
Before filling out the form, you will need:
- Approval from you academic adviser.
- Approval from the faculty member supervising your independent study.
- A short description of the independent study.
- A syllabus for the independent study.
- The course name and number.
- The number of credits you're registering for.
If you do not have any of the above information, see your academic adviser and/or instructor before proceeding.
Students planning to take this independent study as an honors course must submit the Honors Option Form within the first three weeks of classes.