Travel Request Information and Form
Faculty Travel & Professional Development
Faculty members recognize and accept their responsibility for meeting classes during officially scheduled times. In cases where a faculty member has to miss one or more classes because of travel, the faculty member must inform the academic officers prior to finalizing travel plans.
Pre-Travel Approval Process:
Please submit the Pre-Travel Request form* (below) at least one month prior to your travel. You will need to secure approval before making travel arrangements.
Additional support for faculty travel may be requested on an as-needed basis if special circumstances arise. Requests may be made to the academic officers by email. Funds that are not used in a given academic year may not carry forward.
The relevant Penn State policies governing the use of Penn State funds can be found at the General University Reference Utility (GURU): https://policy.psu.edu/policies/. Faculty should become familiar with all University policies governing travel, prior to submitting a request.
- Travel Tools, PSU: https://travel.psu.edu/
- PSU Travel Policy TR02: https://policy.psu.edu/policies/tr02
- International Travel and Travel Safety Network : https://tsn.psu.edu/
- PSU Purchasing Card Allowable Charges: https://guru.psu.edu/policies/psu/BS14.html
- RA01 – Position Statement on Research: https://guru.psu.edu/policies/RA01.html
Post Travel Authorization Form Directions (Travel Worksheet links):
For reimbursement after travel, complete one of these worksheets and attach all required receipts, and send to the faculty staff assistant:
- Travel Reimbursement Checklist - CONUS (Domestic Travel)
- Travel Reimbursement Checklist - OCONUS (International Travel)