College representatives and advising specialists

College representatives and advising specialists

When do I need an advising specialist?

Although we encourage students to work with your assigned academic adviser, there are times when you may need to speak to an adviser who specializes in a different academic program than the one in which you are currently enrolled.  Our campus has college contacts and program coordinators who are knowledgeable about programs offered at this campus and other locations throughout the University.

Advising specialist list

Please contact the representatives listed below if you would like to learn more about any of these programs.


College Contacts & Referral Representatives (CCRR) and Program Coordinators





Administration of Justice, University College Katherine McLean 412-675-9158
Agricultural Sciences Amelia Mitchell 412-675-9176
Arts and Architecture Lori Hepner 412-675-9038
Biobehavioral Health,   University College John Peles 412-675-9484
Smeal College of Business Michelle Gordon 412-675-9496 
Business, University College Bernie Cerasaro 412-675-9165

(Zack Furness on sabbatical)

Michael Vicaro



Division of Undergraduate Studies; Abington, Altoona, Behrend, Berks, Capital, University Colleges April Belback   412-675-9452 
Earth and Mineral Sciences Alandra Kahl 412-675-9224
Education  Jacqueline Edmondson 412-675-9080
Engineering Eric Lipsky 412-675-9041
English, University College MaryEllen Higgins   412-675-9461
Health & Human Development Beth Lindsey 412-675-9148
Honors & Scholars Program MaryEllen Higgins 412-675-9461
Information Sciences & Technology Galen A. Grimes 412-675-9479
Letters, Arts, and Sciences, University College Kurt Torell 412-675-9142
The Liberal Arts James Jaap 412-675-9174
Nursing Interest Amelia Mitchell 412-675-9176

Project & Supply Chain Management, University College

Michelle Gordon 412-675-9496
Psychology,  University College Elizabeth Mazur 412-675-9186
Eberly College of Science Megan Nagel 412-675-9476