Office of Student Aid – Penn State Greater Allegheny
Estelle Belko, Financial Aid Coordinator
Email: [email protected]
Office Phone: 412-675-9155
Office Location: Frable Building, 112
1. Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - Application becomes available in October. Fill out ASAP to maximize aid opportunities. Our school code is 003329. Please include that on your application.
- If you were in foster care or a ward of the court for any length of time since turning 13, you can claim yourself as "independent" on the FAFSA. Claiming an "independent" status may qualify you to receive resources and support such as access to campus coaches, emergency financial assistance, mentoring, tuition assistance, and more!
- Please note that if you answer yes to this question, the student must also submit a dependency review packet to Student Aid for “independent status” to be determined. Students may then qualify for other financial resources.
2. See if you qualify for the Pennsylvania Chafee Education and Training Grant Program, contact the ACE office for assistance - Pennsylvania Chafee Grant Application
3. See if you're eligible for the Fostering Independence Tuition Waiver Program, contact the ACE office for assistance – Fostering Independence Tuition Waiver Website
4. Explore Student Scholarships & Grants – Contact the ACE office for assistance
- Scholarships are gifts and don't need to be repaid. There are thousands of them offered by schools, employers, individuals, private companies, nonprofits, communities, religious groups, and professional and social organizations.
- Penn State’s office of student aid provides links to internal and external scholarship opportunities you may be eligible for: Penn State Student Aid Scholarships
- Scholarships for Foster Youth in Pennsylvania Website
5. Apply to ACE - Trio Student Support Services program at Penn State Greater Allegheny.
- The ACE program offers a range of supports from mentoring to tuition assistance for students who are foster youth, first-generation, low-income, or students with disabilities: ACE - Trio SSS Website
Next Steps – The Office of Student Aid or the ACE office can assist you with any of these steps.
- Review Your Financial Aid Package - https://tutorials.lionpath.psu.edu/public/S_ViewingFA/
- Review Your Bill - https://tutorials.lionpath.psu.edu/public/S_ViewBill/
- Accept Financial Awards – https://tutorials.lionpath.psu.edu/public/S_AcceptDeclineAid/
- Enroll in E-Refund to have any financial aid refund directly depositing into your checking or savings account: https://tutorials.lionpath.psu.edu/public/S_DirectDeposit/
- If Selected for Verification Submit Requested Documentation ASAP, Disbursement of Federal Aid will not occur until all issues are resolved - https://studentaid.psu.edu/aid-the-bill/verification
- Pay Any Outstanding Balances - https://tutorials.lionpath.psu.edu/public/S_PayBill/