Honors Credit/Grade Requirement
Students in the campus Honors Program must meet requirements in the two general areas described below. Students who are also in the Schreyer Honors College have additional requirements.
Honors Credit and Grade Requirements
- Complete at least 6 Honors Designated Credits per academic year
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.33 or higher
- Earn a minimum GPA of 3.20 each semester
- Earn a grade of B or better for all honors credits
- Students that do not meet these requirements will be put on Honors probation for a semester to give them an opportunity to improve their standing. If their standing does not improve following that semester, they will be administratively removed from the program.
Honors Event Attendance Requirements
- Attend the fall and spring Student Research and Creativity Conference
- Attend at least two honors events per semester from a variety of optional events, including:
- Speakers, films, or performances sponsored by the Teaching International Program;
- Cultural excursions sponsored by a campus faculty member or organization;
- Other events sponsored by the Honors Program.