WE ARE excited you'll be joining the Penn State Greater Allegheny community! First-year students are required to attend New Student Orientation (NSO) and an academic advising session to prepare for the Fall semester.
First-Year Student Checklist
- If you've just been accepted to Penn State, congratulations! Be sure to accept your admission offer.
- Check your email regularly. We'll reach out using the email address provided on your admissions application.
- Register for NSO at Penn State Greater Allegheny (early April)
- Prepare for Academic Advising by completing your pre-NSO checklist (available March 2).
- Take the ALEKS Math Assessment
- Learn about the financial aid process and paying your bill.
- Bring appropriate ID to your advising appointment so you can get your Penn State ID.
- Parking on campus is free for all of our students! Fill out the parking permit application so you can park your car on campus. Parking permits can be picked up at Police Services in the Frable Building.
- Complete Penn State AWARE. All new students (regardless of age) are expected to complete Penn State AWARE, a sexual assault awareness learning module. Students who are 21 and under must complete Penn State SAFE (Student Alcohol Feedback and Education). Following orientation, please check your email for information and updates about accessing and completing these learning modules.