WE ARE excited you'll be joining the Penn State Greater Allegheny community! Students who are transferring or returning to Penn State Greater Allegheny must attend an individual New Student Orientation (NSO), meet one-on-one with an academic adviser to learn about majors and careers, review your transfer credits, and schedule your classes.
Transfer Student or Adult Learner Checklist
- If you've just been accepted to Penn State, congratulations! Be sure to accept your admission offer and process your official transcripts from the other institution(s) you have attended.
- Check your email regularly. We'll reach out using the email address provided on your admissions application.
- Meet with a transfer advising specialist to schedule classes. Contact our Division of Undergraduate Studies (DUS) office to schedule your advising appointment. You will also have the opportunity to meet with other important offices should you have any questions.
- Learn about the financial aid process and paying your bill.
- Bring appropriate ID to your advising appointment so you can get your Penn State ID.
- Parking on campus is free for all of our students! Fill out the parking permit application so you can park your car on campus. Parking permits can be picked up at Police Services in the Frable Building.
- Complete Penn State AWARE. All new students (regardless of age) are expected to complete Penn State AWARE, a sexual assault awareness learning module. Students who are 21 and under must complete Penn State SAFE (Student Alcohol Feedback and Education). Following orientation, please check your email for information and updates about accessing and completing these learning modules.