Service. Tradition. Excellence. Pride
The Penn State Greater Allegheny Lion Ambassadors communicate our history & personality, strengthen University traditions, and instill Penn State pride in current and prospective students, alumni and friends.
Who are the Lion Ambassadors?
Known for our trademark backwards walk, Lion Ambassadors are student volunteers who have a great passion for Penn State and are interested in sharing their #BeGreater experiences with prospective students, families and friends of our campus. Selected from a multitude of yearly applicants, we welcome a diverse group of students from a variety of degree programs, interests, and backgrounds to join this organization and strive to continually be the embodiment of Penn State's excellence and pride.
What does a Lion Ambassador do?
- Responsible for assisting the Admission's Office in various events including campus tours, open houses, and offer receptions
- Attending all major Admissions events including Be A Penn State Student for a Day, Counselor Brunches and group visits
- Receive a complimentary Lion Ambassador polo shirt
- Add a sense of leadership and community on your resume
- Represent Penn State Greater Allegheny
Become a Lion Ambassador
Being a Lion Ambassador is a wonderful way to meet new people and form life-long friendships. Ambassadors have numerous opportunities to interact with current students, faculty and staff, prospective students and their families.
Share your #BeGreater pride and enthusiasm by joining the Penn State Greater Allegheny Lion Ambassadors.
Lion Ambassador requirements and application process:
- Be a full-time enrolled student at Penn State Greater Allegheny
- Maintain a cumulative 2.4 GPA or higher
- Fill out the Lion Ambassador Interest Form below
- Complete the Lion Cub process (shadow a Lion Ambassador)
The Penn State Greater Allegheny Lion Ambassadors does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, religion, national orientation, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, marital status, or disability.
Eligible students will be subject to an interview with Penn State Greater Allegheny faculty and staff.