Frequently Asked Questions for Students

How do I get my official transcript?
All current and former students must order their transcripts online.

How do I find out who my adviser is?
Log in to LionPATH and on your home screen, near the top on the right side, you will see "My Adviser". If there is no one listed, you have not been assigned an adviser yet. All first-year students will be assigned an adviser within the first few weeks of the semester.

When can I register for classes?
Your registration dates appear on your LionPATH homepage. Once the registration dates become available, you will see a date to fill your shopping cart and date to officially register.

How and when can I add and/or drop a course?
Courses can be added and/or dropped during the regular drop/add period, which is during the first week of the semester. You can drop courses through Saturday at 11:59 p.m. at the end of the first week of classes. You can add courses through Sunday at 8:00 a.m. after the first week of classes.

On Monday of the second week of classes, the late drop period begins. Courses can be late dropped but not added during this period. If a course is dropped during the late drop period, it will show up on your transcript as "LD." Contact your adviser before late-dropping a course as there may be financial aid ramifications depending on individual student situations.

What majors can I complete at Penn State Greater Allegheny?
All of our majors are listed on the Academics page of the Penn State Greater Allegheny website.

How do I find out the entrance to major requirements for any major?
Go to the Academic Advising Portal Entry to Major requirements page. Choose the college and then the major you’re interested in. To find out the college’s majors, go to the University Bulletin.

How do I change my major?
If you have already declared a major and would like to change it, please set up an appointment with an adviser to ensure you are going to complete the degree in an appropriate time frame.

How and when do I declare a minor?
Minors can be declared in LionPATH after you attain third-semester classification or after you have been accepted into a major. All minors are listed in the Undergraduate Bulletin.

What do I have to do to register to graduate?
Go to LionPATH and select "Graduating this semester". If you encounter any issues with LionPATH, contact the Registrar's Office.

How do I transfer to University Park or to another Penn State location?
Contact your adviser to get information on how to do a change of campus. Learn more about the change of campus process on the University Registrar site.

How do I transfer from another campus to Penn State Greater Allegheny?
Contact your current adviser to get information on how to do a change of campus to Altoona.

  • If the change of campus is approved, work with the new adviser that will be assigned to you, about scheduling classes for the next semester.
  • If you will be parking your vehicle on campus, visit Police Services for more information.
  • If you need housing, visit Penn State Greater Allegheny's housing page.

How do I transfer a course from another college or university to Penn State?
Use the transfer credit tool on the Undergraduate Admissions website to see if the course is accepted by Penn State.

It is recommended that you meet with your academic adviser before registering for a course at another institution. Transferring courses into the major requirements areas of your degree audit can only be done once you are in a major. In order for courses to be transferred to Penn State, you must have the other college or university send your official transcript to:

Penn State Admissions
201 Shields Building
Box 3000
University Park, PA 16804

Note: The final grade of the course must be a "C" or higher in order to transfer. Also, grades of transfer credits do not count towards your GPA.

How do I find a degree audit for my major or a different major?
You can view a “What If” report or “Academics Requirement” report through your LionPATH student center or contact your adviser.

How do I withdraw from the university?
Contact your adviser or visit the Leaving the University page on the Registrar's website.

Can I withdraw from the University and come back?
Most of the time, yes you can. When you are ready to return to the University, complete a re-enrollment form, and submit it and the re-enrollment fee to the Registrar's Office at the campus you wish to attend. Learn more about the re-enrollment process.

How can I learn about financial aid?
Visit Penn State Greater Allegheny's Tuition and Student Aid page to learn more.

How do I pay my semester bill?
You can see your Bursar information in your LionPATH student center or go to the Bursar’s website for more information.