Am I eligible for an iPad?
All full and part-time students who are enrolled at Greater Allegheny are eligible to receive an iPad.
When will I receive my iPad?
New students enrolled for the Fall Semester will receive their iPad at their scheduled New Student Orientation (NSO).
Transfer students who enroll for other semesters (Spring and Summer) can be picked up at the GA Information Technology Help Desk located on the ground floor of the Crawford Building.
Am I required to use the iPad?
It is highly recommended that the iPad be utilized in class, and some coursework may focus on certain apps or iPad-specific software. Feel free to discuss options with your individual instructors, should this become an issue.
Does the iPad belong to me?
The iPad is considered university property until your graduation. Upon graduation from Penn State Greater Allegheny, ownership will transfer to you. If you leave the university for any reason prior to graduation, you are expected to return your iPad or purchase it at its depreciation value. You may not sell or otherwise change ownership of the iPad at any time.
How do I return my iPad?
The iPad can be returned to the Greater Allegheny IT Help Desk, which is located on the ground floor of the Crawford Building.
How do I purchase my iPad?
To purchase your iPad or get information on the cost of it. Please contact the GA Campus Bursar.
I have purchased my iPad and received confirmation that the management profile is removed, but it is still there. What do I do?
After receiving confirmation from IT that your iPad has been removed from management, the device needs to be restored to remove the management profile.
Removing The Device Management
- Update iTunes on your computer to the latest version.
- Perform a backup to your computer or iCloud.
- Open iTunes on your computer if it is not open.
- Connect your iPad to your computer if it isn't already connected.
- Simultaneously depress the power button in the upper right-hand corner and the home button.
- Continue holding down the power and home button until the recovery mode screen appears.
- Release the power and home buttons.
- An update/restore dialog displays in iTunes on your computer.
- Click Restore. A confirmation dialog displays.
- Click Restore and Update
- Your iPad will reset. The welcome screen displays when the reset is complete.