This degree program is part of the business studies at Penn State Greater Allegheny. Project and Supply Chain Management concentrates on developing knowledge, skills and abilities in both project management and supply chain support. Students study topics like logistics systems design, project analysis, supply chain logistics and analytics, and purchasing and inventory control. In all facets of for-profit and even nonprofit organizations, project management skills include the development of, and procurement within, project delivery systems and value-creating supply chain networks.
What to Expect
The smaller size campus also offers hands on opportunities for students to explore real-world work that helps them build a professional portfolio of experiences to share with prospective employers and future business associates.
- Sigma Beta Delta Business Honor Society
- The GA-Zette, award winning campus newspaper
- "BeGreater Creative" student marketing / public relations services agency
- Internships in for-profit and nonprofit sectors
- Student Research and Creativity Conference
- Degree-specific scholarships for local and regional students
Graduates in the Project & Supply Chain Management program can find an array of career opportunities that include, but not limited to:
- Inventory Supervision
- Global Corporate Commerce
- Interstate Commerce and Transportation
- Government and Public Organizations
- Construction and Manufacturing
- IT Organizations and Third-Party Logistics Providers
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Goods and Services Distribution / Operation
- Materials Expeditor
- Project Engineer
- Scheduler / Sourcing Specialist
Penn State Greater Allegheny, along with Penn State Beaver, Fayette, New Kensington, and Shenango, share authorization to deliver the B.S. in Project and Supply Chain Management. All courses needed for the degree will be offered at each campus. Students in the program should expect to take some courses via a combination of web-based and face-to-face technology.
Project and Supply Chain Management is a shared program offered collaboratively by the Commonwealth Campuses at Penn State. Please visit our shared programs webpage to watch student testimonials and learn more about the program.