The perfect internship or position may not always be in our backyard - salary and relocation are the last two steps in the process of transition for you.
Salaries can vary across the U.S. for various jobs. There are also additional factors that can affect your potential salary, such as:
- Cost of Living in the geographic area where the position is located
- Level of responsibility for the job (entry-level; mid-level and experienced)
- Level of education and number of years of related experience required
- Special skills and expertise (e.g. foreign language; technological based skills)
- Organizational culture/values
Need to know how to calculate salary and moving expenses? Check out these web based resources:
- NACE Salary Calculator Cente
- Sperling’s Best Place - Compare cities for cost of living, schools, crime, and climate.
Career Services also has access to salary survey information for new graduates issued each semester by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE). For salary information contained in this survey, contact our office.